Affordable, environmentally friendly, complete specifications
National Advisory Hotline:15201636696
Free consultation hotline15201636696
Time: 2018-08-03 Source: zyshcly.com
Why do epoxy floor paints change color and how to prevent them? Some are stored in packaging barrels for a long time. Epoxy floor paints may not match the original color, lighten or darken after painting. What can be done to remedy this situation?
1. Due to the different densities of several pigments in epoxy multicolor paint, during storage, heavy pigments will gradually sink, and light pigments will gradually rise correspondingly. Therefore, if it is not fully stirred evenly during use, the epoxy floor coating will be inconsistent with the original color after the completion of the coating. This is easy to solve, as long as the coating must be thoroughly stirred before application.
2. The varnish with higher acid value in epoxy floor varnish is liable to chemically react with the iron packaging barrel, which reduces the transparency of the epoxy varnish and causes the color to become darker. Do not use high-acid coatings for packaging.
3. The heat resistance and light resistance of individual pigments in coatings are not good, and some resins have poor weather resistance, which is easy to yellow when exposed to light, especially in epoxy resin coatings. It is necessary to select the resin and filler in the coating ratio according to the needs.
4. If the metal powder pigment is corroded by the residual free acid in the epoxy paint during storage, it will easily become black or turn green. Therefore, metallic pigments and varnishes should be stored in separate packages.
5. Partially filled pigments in epoxy floor paints will vocalize chemical changes, lose the inherent tinting power of filled pigments, and cause discoloration or discoloration. Therefore, in the design of coating formulations, we should pay attention not to use fillers that can make chemical changes with the resin or the main agent. Before the epoxy floor construction, first test and mix and match different types of paints, mix and adjust, and then use.
If the epoxy floor paint itself has a higher acid value due to chemical reactions in the stored iron buckets, the color will also become darker. If the epoxy floor paint itself is not weather-resistant enough, it will also be exposed to sunlight There will be a yellowing phenomenon. This is a qualitative change in the epoxy floor paint itself, which causes its inherent tinting power to decrease. Therefore, we must also consider this when selecting epoxy floor paints and use them in different locations. The considerations are also different, so that the discoloration of epoxy floor paint can be fundamentally avoided.